Wednesday 30 November 2016

#WEPFF – UTOPIAN DREAM CHALLENGE – THE REALITY OF A DREAM CAN SOMETIMES BE A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM!

Hi, folks! Can you believe that another year is all but gone and the New Year is just around the corner? We all love a New Beginning. Therefore, our final challenge for the year is Utopian Dreams which encapsulates something new.

We all have dreams, the fleeting kind when we close our eyes that sometimes end up being nightmares, depending on what we've had for dinner that night or what we watched on the television that evening. For me, zombies, at times just the mention of them, are enough for a visit during the midnight hour. However, we're not talking about fleeting visions in the night.

The Utopian Dreams Challenge is all about that secret desire, something you spend valuable time daydreaming about, even talking about, and secretly planning for, i.e. that vacation, dream job, or a move across country or to a new country that you've built up in your mind to be idealistic, perfect, – Utopian.                                   
When we create the idyllic dream, we seldom see the what-if's, the downside, the unknown. Reality is rarely ideal. 

This is our challenge for you this December. This is your imagination at work. Your Utopian Dream could be just that, perfection, or it could end up with all the horrors life can throw at a person. The dream can be real or unreal as in fantasy, sci-fi, or speculative fiction. Have your dreams come true or become the nightmare no one saw coming? 

Just google Utopian Dreams, and the pictures that appear are varied, beautiful, frightening, wonderful, and truly inspiring! Try it! Just click HERE!


It's up to you! Create an artistic interpretation: a poem, a flash fiction piece of 1000 words or less, a non-fiction piece detailing your personal experience or someone else's experience, write a script, draw your dreams, or post a photograph or a photo essay. The genre is up to you. The artistic choice is yours. A dream turned nightmare or true Utopia.

PLEASE COMMENT /  EMAIL AFTER POSTING YOUR MASTERPIECE
Email Denise or Yolanda if you have more questions:
    den.covey@gmail.com / yolandarenee@hotmail.com


Please note that our December Challenge and maybe future challenges have been cut down from three (3) days to just the one (1).

Sign-up begins December 1st, but posting day is just that one Wednesday, December 21st! If you need to post earlier due to holiday commitments, go right ahead! We'll pick it up on the feed...




Please help us spread the word!
Share one or all of these tweets!

A #WEPFF Utopian Dream challenge, you won the lottery, will all your dreams come true? @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey http://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2016/12/wepff-utopian-dream-challenge-reality.html

#WEPFF Challenge for December Utopian Dreams. Dream come true or nightmare? @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey http://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2016/12/wepff-utopian-dream-challenge-reality.html

A #WEPFF Utopian Dream Challenge #amwrite #writer #flashfiction Describe your Utopia @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey http://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2016/12/wepff-utopian-dream-challenge-reality.html


Copy this to share the linky list

<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=679684"></script>
<!-- end InLinkz script -->




21 comments:

  1. Hmmm.
    I am dreamless I think. Muddling along is what I do.
    Thinking, thinking, thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm ready, but nervous. My entry will be one of my Memoir stories, very near and dear to my heart, but still a little hard to tell. I'll wait until the 21st to post it, though because I'm extremely nervous about it. I hope it fits the Challenge, for me personally it IS a Utopian Dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a story, hooray! A strange story too, almost complete fiction, although it might yet come true. The only thing I need to do is write it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say this is scary because my dreams are usually signposts that something is going to change in my life. They are so important to me that I write them down in my journal.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay. From having no idea, I've just edited a fiction to suit. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oosh, thanks, will do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Signed up. Tweeted. Spending a 1000-word day in Utopia sounds pretty good right now! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All done at my sea, not that I really have a Utopia but I can fake it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been working on something for the Utopian Dream challenge but forgot about the signup. Now I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine's up. And terribly un-Christmassy. :) Sorry!..see you all later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nila, got it! Thanks, and don't worry, mine isn't Christmassy either. You have to go where the prompt takes you. :)
      Thanks for participating, I'm looking forward to reading all the entries this week!

      Delete
  11. Heh, heh, Nila and Yolanda. Nothing Christmassy about mine, either. It's up now. I'm looking forward to doing the rounds as they come up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A bit late, but finally I've posted my WEP entry. You can find it here:

    Quiet Laughter

    Unlike other WEPs, my offering for this one is (mostly) artwork... Though I couldn't help but comment a bit :) I'll be back later in the day to visit everyone's—looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. DL = https://dghudson-rainwriting.blogspot.ca/2016/12/asteroidian-dreams-of-utopia-wep.html
    Sorry I'm dragging in late too. But DG is here. Please update my link, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooosh, so sorry, the days have gone by in a blur. My apologies for saying I would put up an entry and I didn't. I'm really sorry ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting us know, Susan. We know. Been there! Happy Christmas!

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much, Denise and Yolanda. You have made my day!
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Have temporarily enabled comments without moderation. If the spammers hit us, it'll be reinstated.